Registration is closed.
*TEAM ROSTERS, SCHEDULES and FIELD MAP may be found HERE
The Ottawa Hills Youth Soccer Association (OHYSA) is once again offering recreational soccer to the youth of Ottawa Hills. The program is open to all children living in Ottawa Hills or attending Ottawa Hills Schools. However, this year it will be a scaled down version due to all the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. This will be a shorter season than in past years and there will be no jerseys, trophies or official refs. Because of this, the fees have been reduced. Despite the changes, we are hoping that this will still give the young soccer enthusiasts a fun experience.
Pre K-K division will play on Saturday mornings for one hour between 9:00am-12:00pm from September 12 to October 3. This time will include both practice and game play. (PreK for this purpose is defined as 1 year out from kindergarten).
1st-6th grade division will play games on Saturday mornings for one hour between 9:00am-12:00pm from September 12 to October 3. Teams may have separate practice times as arranged by the coach.
You will receive a game schedule after the registration period is over and teams are formed.
24 players per age group will be needed to make each age division work. If not enough players are registered for an age group, the best efforts will be made to combine age groups. If not enough in a certain age group are registered and it's not possible to combine, you will be notified and your registration fees will be refunded.
Players are asked to wear any reversible green/white jersey. If this is not an option for you, players should wear/bring t-shirts in both green and white colors each week. Players need to provide their own black shorts, white or black socks, shin guards and cleats.
SOCCER BALL & WATER
Each player should have a soccer ball for practices.
PreK-2nd Grade: Size 3 Ball
3rd-6th Grade: Size 4 Ball
All players should bring their own water bottle to games and practices.
COACHES ARE NEEDED - CAN YOU HELP?
Volunteers are needed to coach or assist with coaching each team. On the registration form, you will have the option of signing up to help. Before coaching, all volunteer coaches must fulfill a few coaching requirements, including a background check, concussion and sudden cardiac arrest training (all done online).
- All plans and schedules are subject to change according to guidelines set forth by the state, county or school district.
- Players are not required to wear masks while playing but it is perfectly acceptable to do so if you prefer.
- Parents on the sidelines are asked to remain 6 feet apart from non-family members. Per the Lucas County mask ordinance, "Face coverings are required outdoors when within 6 feet of individuals outside your household."
- All participants are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before arrival to the fields.
- Under no circumstance should a participant attend a practice or game if their temperature is above 100 degrees fahrenheit, exhibit other COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been exposed to any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- We want everyone to have fun while staying safe and healthy!
Location: Geresy Field / OHES Fields
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 9:00am - 10:00am
- Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 9:00am - 10:00am