The Village of Ottawa Hills is seeking a technically skilled and team oriented finance professional to lead the government finance operations. Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, a CPA or Master's Degree is preferred. Three to five years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting desirable; a combination of public and private sector finance experience is ideal
- Reports to the Village Administrator
- Responsible for solid fiscal planning, budgetary controls, financial policies, accounts and records
- Oversees accounting, payroll and income tax staff, including monthly and annual reporting
- Manages Village investments
- Provides financial information and support to the Village Council
- Assists Village Administrator with planning, budgeting and forecasting
Pay Range: $85,000-100,000 +/- DOQ, plus strong benefits
Applications with resume, cover letter and three work-related references can be submitted electronically to Village Administrator's office (preferred)
or by mail: Village Administrator, Employment, 2125 Richards Road, Ottawa Hills, OH 43606
This position is open until filled, with first review of applicants expected on August 15, 2022
Police Officer Employment Opportunities
Full-Time Police Officer Continuing Eligibility List
The Ottawa Hills Police Department maintains an ongoing eligibility list for the position of full-time police officer. Police officers must be available to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays. Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- Valid, state-issued driver's license;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associate's degree, or the equivalent number of semester/quarter hours, from an accredited college or university;
- Commissioned peace officer according to the rules of the Ohio Peace Officer Training Council (at time of appointment);
- Please also see the Background Removal Standards (disqualifiers) and Police Officer Job Description documents posted within the 'Document PDFs' section below.
The pay range for full-time police officers is $64,050 - $76,150 per year.
Application & Testing Process
The Ottawa Hills Police Department offers testing for the position of police officer through National Testing Network, Inc. To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select "Law Enforcement" and sign up for the Ottawa Hills Police Department.
Upon completion of the entry-level exam, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the Ottawa Hills Police Department. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry-level exam will be placed on the department's eligibility list. The Ottawa Hills Police Department will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process.
Applicants with financial hardship may be eligible to have the testing fee waived. Financial hardship inquires should be sent to email@example.com.
Lateral entry applicants (those already employed by another Ohio police department) may bypass the National Testing Network test. Lateral entry candidates should complete the employment application on the right and submit it by the testing deadline.
Medical Insurance Transparency
Click Here to access Anthem Transparency in Coverage Machine Readable Files Village of Ottawa Hills EIN #34-6401027