The OHES Run Club program is designed to introduce running as a fun sport that promotes a healthy and fit lifestyle. The program will focus on participation and self-improvement while considering individual differences and running experience. Good form, pacing, dynamic stretching, core strength, healthy eating and hydration are some of the concepts that will be incorporated with fun running activities. This will be a scaled down season and the focus will be on training and conditioning. Not many meets for this age group are scheduled this year, but if the opportunity presents itself, the group will be encouraged to participate.
Mondays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:00pm at OHES. In case of bad weather, practice will be moved in to the New Gym. There may be an opportunity to run at Wildwood at some point during the season and this would be communicated in advance.
Maximum number of participants: 25
- All plans and schedules are subject to change according to guidelines set forth by the state, county or school district.
- Masks/Face Coverings must be worn while warming up, cooling down or at any time other than running. Masks/face coverings do not need to be worn while running, unless you prefer your child to do so.
- Parents on the sidelines are asked to remain 6 feet apart from non-family members. Per the Lucas County mask ordinance, "Face coverings are required outdoors when within 6 feet of individuals outside your household."
- All participants are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before arrival to the fields.
- Under no circumstance should a participant attend a practice or game if their temperature is above 100 degrees fahrenheit, exhibit other COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been exposed to any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- We want everyone to have fun while staying safe and healthy!
Instructor: Emily Nixon
Location: OHES - meet in hallway outside of New Gym
- Monday, September 21, 2020 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Monday, September 28, 2020 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Monday, October 5, 2020 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 3:00pm - 4:00pm