Registration deadline - extended to September 6 at 10:00pm.No registrations will be accepted after this date.
Beginner Flag Football House League!
Open grades 1st & 2nd The league will follow the USA Flag Football Rules and Regulations.
Practices: Thursdays only......One pre-draft practice will be held on September 10 from 6:00-7:00pm to introduce coaches and players to the game. Coaches will draft players after the first practice. After teams are formed, coaches will hold practices for their individual teams starting on September 17. Practices will be for 30 minutes before the games.
Games: Thursdays starting September 17 through Oct 8 on the practice fields.
Coaches are needed! No previous football experience necessary. Coach Hardman will hold a coaches meeting for all interested prior to the season to go over strategies and rules for the game. On the registration form, you will have the option of signing up to help. Before coaching, all volunteer coaches must fulfill a few coaching requirements, including a background check, concussion and sudden cardiac arrest training (all done online).
Uniforms & Equipment: Because all plans are subject to change due to COVID-19, no jerseys will be issued this year. Once teams are formed, players will be asked to wear a shirt in their team color for games. Each player will be responsible for their own shorts and cleats. The flags and balls will be provided by the league. Each player will need to bring their own water bottle.
- All plans and schedules are subject to change according to guidelines set forth by the state, county or school district.
- Players are not required to wear masks while playing but it is perfectly acceptable to do so if you prefer.
- Parents on the sidelines are asked to remain 6 feet apart from non-family members. Per the Lucas County mask ordinance, "Face coverings are required outdoors when within 6 feet of individuals outside your household."
- All participants are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before arrival to the fields.
- Under no circumstance should a participant attend a practice or game if their temperature is above 100 degrees fahrenheit, exhibit other COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been exposed to any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- We want everyone to have fun while staying safe and healthy!
Instructor: Chris Hardman & Volunteer Coaches
Ottawa Hills Varsity Football Coach
Location: OHES Fields
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 6:00pm - 7:00pm