Registration is now closed.
Plans for the Junior High Boys Soccer Team will need to be adapted as it was recently learned that the league they typically play in will not be scheduling games this fall. The team coordinators are working on an alternative plan with setting up games/scrimmages with area teams.
Below is information based on a typical season...
The focus will be on developing a love for the game, improving technical soccer skills and growing each player’s soccer IQ. All members will get to play, but play time may not be equal.
The season will run from approximately September 1 until October 18. Home games will be played at the Ottawa Hills High School stadium on Sunday evenings either at 5:30pm or 7:00pm. Away games will be scheduled upon opponent’s field availability. Game schedule will be distributed once available.
The team will have scheduled practices twice a week. Specific days will be determined by the coach and Village Life practice field availability. Practices will not start until school is in session.
PLEASE NOTE: A final schedule will be distributed once all registrations are in and the game/practice schedules are finalized.
Each player will be supplied with a jersey. Jerseys are to be well cared for and will be collected after the last scheduled game. Each player is responsible to supply their own black soccer shorts, shin guards, black socks, soccer cleats/shoes, and soccer ball. Mouth guard is recommended but optional.
Each player will get information at the beginning of the season with practice times, game schedule, ball boy schedule, parent concession volunteer schedule and team roster. Communication on practice or game changes will be via email or text.
Registration fee is $125. Registration fee will be applied to league registration, referee fees, coach fees and cost of end of year banquet for the player.
Lena Duran firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-215-4116
Meredith Douglas email@example.com or 614-348-8106
Team size is limited to 18 players
With your registration, you are acknowledging that you have read and agree with the consent and additional responsibilities associated with Junior High Boys Soccer found HERE.
- All plans and schedules are subject to change according to guidelines set forth by the state, county or school district.
- Players are to wear face masks at all times other than when in actual training with coach or playing in a game.
- Parents on the sidelines are asked to remain 6 feet apart from non-family members. Per the Lucas County mask ordinance, "Face coverings are required outdoors when within 6 feet of individuals outside your household."
- All participants are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before arrival to the fields.
- Under no circumstance should a participant attend a practice or game if their temperature is above 100 degrees fahrenheit, exhibit other COVID-19 symptoms or if they have been exposed to any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- We want everyone to have fun while staying safe and healthy!
Instructor: Max Isenberg
Assistant Ottawa Hills Boys Varsity Coach
Location: OHHS Stadium