Job Opening: Police Officer
The Ottawa Hills Police Department is currently building an ongoing list for the position of police officer. Police officers must be available to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays. Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- Valid, state issued driver's license;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associate's degree, or the equivalent number of semester / quarter hours, from an accredited college or university;
- Commissioned peace officer according to the rules of the Ohio Peace Officer Training Council;
- Please also see the Background Removal Standards (disqualifiers) and Police Officer Job Description documents posted on the left.
The pay range for full-time police officers is $50,235 - $60,235 per year. The pay range for part-time police officers is $19.10 - $21.00 per hour. Healthcare is available to part-time police officers averaging more than 25 hours worked per week.
APPLICATION & TESTING PROCESS
The Ottawa Hills Police Department offers testing for the position of police officer through National Testing Network, Inc. To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select "Law Enforcement" and sign up for the Ottawa Hills Police Department.
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the Ottawa Hills Police Department. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the department's eligibility list. The Ottawa Hills Police Department will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process.
Applicants with financial hardship may be eligible to have the testing fee waived. Financial hardship inquires should be sent to email@example.com.