Full-Time Police Officer Continuing Eligibility List
The Ottawa Hills Police Department maintains an ongoing elegibilty list for the position of full-time police officer. Police officers must be available to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays. Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- Valid, state issued driver's license;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associate's degree, or the equivalent number of semester / quarter hours, from an accredited college or university;
- Commissioned peace officer according to the rules of the Ohio Peace Officer Training Council (at time of appointment);
- Please also see the Background Removal Standards (disqualifiers) and Police Officer Job Description documents posted on the left.
The pay range for full-time police officers is $56,350 - $66,960 per year.
APPLICATION & TESTING PROCESS
The Ottawa Hills Police Department offers testing for the position of police officer through National Testing Network, Inc. To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select "Law Enforcement" and sign up for the Ottawa Hills Police Department.
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the Ottawa Hills Police Department. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the department's eligibility list. The Ottawa Hills Police Department will contact candidates on the list and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the department selection process.
Applicants with financial hardship may be eligible to have the testing fee waived. Financial hardship inquires should be sent to email@example.com.
Lateral entry applicants (those already employed by another Ohio police department) may bypass the National Testing Network test. Lateral entry candidates should complete the employment application on the left and submit it by the testing deadline.